Pages

5.21.2005

Creating SGML CALS Tables in WordPerfect

I've been experimenting with creating tables using the CALS Table Model as HTML for about a month now.

Since the DocBook CALS Table Model is basically the same, except for a few things like in DocBook rows start off with a element and cells are referenced by an element, they're basically identical.

So I tried this in WordPerfect's SGML editor, and it didn't do a thing, until I came back the next day after closing down the program. However it started the table on the next page, instead of the current one.

When you have WordPerfect's SGML editor in Table mode, there is a toolbar that helps in formatting and styling cells.

I need to experiment more before I were to put up a better document on how to do this on my SGML/XML page.

No comments: