Pages

8.16.2011

Epsom Salt Baths

Since the beginning of this month I have started to add Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulphate) to my bath water.

It's done some good so far, such as healing Eczema rashes that I've had since Sept. 2010 ... when nothing else would heal it.

Reading on the Net says that taking Epsom Salt baths will replenish levels of Magnesium in the body lost due to stress and also because our foods no longer contain enough Magnesium nutrients in them.

I have type 2 diabetes since 2005 and when in the past I have gone off of my Metformin pills and my blood sugar readings were ~30 mmol/l, one of the things I crave was Ovaltine which is Barley and Magnesium Carbonate.

So I'm now assuming that Metformin contains some amount of Magnesium in it which helps keep the kidneys out of danger of being 100% damaged.

Now that I know this I can level off my Metformin if it will reduce the need for these meds.

Currently taking 4 (500 units) Metformin and 2 Glyburide per day.

No comments: