Pages

6.23.2015

Upgrading from Fedora 19 to Fedora 20

This morning I upgraded from Fedora 19 to Fedora 20.

One of the reasons is that I see updates of software and the current minimum to find RPM package files is 20.

The other is a problem that I've been having with dispcalGUI 3.0.0/3.0.1 ever since I upgraded to F19 on June 14th. The 0install programme complains that the python software library is not working together or installed properly or something like that.

When I updated to 20 today, some functionality was increased in Gnome-Dock. Prior to 20 the Calendar graphic would remain static and not update the 'date card'. Now it does. The other applet I have on the Dock is a Moon Phase. It didn't show any future Moon phase dates. However in Fedora 20 both these applets now work as advertised.

I temporarily lost audio output, but doing a search led me to have to reinstall the pulseaudio driver, as described here in Comment #24:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1046153

So I did:

sudo yum reinstall alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

Rebooted, and that did the trick


I found that Fedora 19 was snappier than 18, and that 20 is about on par with 18 in terms of speed.

My hardware is:
  • Lenovo T61
  • 2 GB RAM
  • WD Scorpion 160 GB SATA DASD
  • ext4 filesystem

No comments: