Pages

7.13.2006

I got my MTV today




I was sitting watching tv this evening flicking the channels, and WGN of them had the Smallville Superman-related show in the IPG list. So I watched a few minutes of that.

Then after the commercial it switched to WGN-DT2, which was showing THETUBE, a "real" music video channel, started in 2005 by one of the co-founders of MTV back in August of 1981.

WOW!

True to its slogan All Music, it plays absolutely no commercials, and no reality crap. Just music videos from the past 6 decades.

Unfortunately I don't have an HDTv set yet and so this was just an error that one of the ExpressVu technicians did or maybe WGN shows this program now in the summer.

In any way, I was really happy with this program. MuchMusic has lost their way. They don't need 4 different Much* channels. We just need one that plays music videos and concerts the way it used to be back in the 1980s.

No comments: