Pages

3.15.2009

Misdirected Parcel

In late January of this year I had ordered three items from eBay. One from one seller and two from another.

They should have arrived by mid-February, and the one from one seller did.

But the other two items were still MIA.

So I contacted the seller and he says, OK, the US Postal Service says they're "lost in the mail", and nothing can be done except to refund what I originally paid.

Today my sister phones me and says that our Dad was talking to their neighbour on the block and they had recently gone on vacation for two months and they had someone take care of the place during that time.

The neighbour gave the two items to my Dad, and then I paid the eBay seller again and wrote him the story that we have received the items.

The mixup occurred because the Canada Post parcel delivery (man) used the UPC barcode address range instead of the handwritten address that the sender had on the original envelope. Guess they weren't trained very well, and were just pushed into the job.

Oi vey.

No comments: