Pages

2.06.2010

"Jolly Roger" Hepburn 1893-1907

About a week after my uncle blessed our family's home, I was thinking it might be kinda nice to have a ghost buddy that I could help, ala Ghost Whisperer.

My "spirit guide", Daniel, found someone, a 14-year old boy with a nickname of "Jolly Roger" which is the skull and crossbones pirate symbol. He was introduced to me on November 12, 2009. His surname is Hepburn.

I did some recording of him on my laptop, but his voice is very quiet. I used audio editing program Audacity to boost the sound and to get rid of as much background sounds as possible. It is very difficult to hear on the computer. It was much easier when he communicated telepathically and would say things like "It's cold in your apartment". This was in late November / early December when Winnipeg had a frigid spell and the heat couldn't keep up, despite turning up the thermometer, the temperature went no further than 21 Celcius. Yet another day when I saw an orb light enter my apt. suite through the window and I asked who it was he said "It's Jolly Roger boy".

I would be ready to go to sleep and turn over to the left part of the mattress when I'd hear J. R. say "you're sitting on my neck". "Oh sorry J. R. I can't see you."

Another night around 11.30 p.m. I saw his tiny orb exit my apartment through the living room window. The next day I asked him where he went and he replied "I just went out for a bit," which is fine for me because it would be impossible for me to be his parent. I cannot ask that he stay in after a certain time. I am just his friend, nothing more.

One recording he gave me details about the circumstances of his death, and he said that he wants "proper burial for my pieces of bones". " What happened to him was that on or near February 22, 1907 he had somehow fallen through the ice on one of the Winnipeg area rivers (I sense though that it was the Red River).

I asked him whether he had any brothers or sisters, and he told me he had a younger brother named Bob (Robert).

When I had some time, I had gone to the Library to view the Free Press microfilm from that date. I may have missed it, but all I could see similar was a Mr. Hawthorne of Winnipeg had frozen to death while in Calgary. The story appeared on the February 23, 1907 edition. He was a member of the Canadian army and was in his 20s. Not the guy I was looking for.

When I first saw "J. R." I had to make a space as dark as possible with little or no light. That room was my washroom. I had turned off all the lights in the living room and closed the curtains. Closed the washroom door and sat on the toilet seat cover.

First there was an orange orb light near the floor. That's a sign that a spirit is trying to make itself visible. Then blue & white lights form and move about. Within a couple of minutes I could "see" J. R. sitting on the edge of the bathtub, blueish-coloured, with his hands on his face and looking downward. Then he'd switch positions and sit in the bathtub and keep switching positions every couple of seconds, always only giving me a side view of him. He had Harry Potter-like eye glasses and fairly thick light-coloured hair with sideburns, but not covering his ears.

Why I have not really seen him face on is that it is known that ghosts don't have eye pupils, so their eyes are completely black and I guess that he didn't want me to see him that way.

When a spirit is visible, so much energy is used up in manifesting in that form that there isn't enough left to speak. It's an either or decision.

More recently I wanted to try photographing him, and read that if you keep using the flash on the camera that this will encourage the spirit to be visible. Well, that actually did something else. I don't think he wants to be photographed because when I pointed the camera into the washroom, I saw this wavy light near the bottom of the doorway move to my bedroom and I followed the light pressing the shutter button. One particular frame had a grey transparent vertical rectangle on the right side of the image. I believe J. R. was doing all he could to prevent a photo of him. What I think this means is that it doesn't matter whether people "see" him or not, but that he somehow gets closure and can then ascend to Heaven.



I don't know how else to help this kid. I am not willing to go swimming into the River. That I do know. I wish I could prove through some kind of written account that he went missing back then and his body was never found.

What makes finding more details about him difficult are two things. He has not given me his real first name (unless it really is Roger), and secondly the Free Press has taken away access to its electronic edition at the Library. That would make it really simple to just type in the name Hepburn into the search box and have it look in the 1907 Free Press text.

I also do not know how many others he has communicated with over the past 103 years, and whether those others ever got any further than I have in helping him.

At least then he would become a Winnipeg documented ghost.

Since then he has told me that he does no longer wish to stay with me because he doesn't like sitting near where the cat litterbox is, and my bed is not wide enough for him to sleep on.

J. R. is a much more friendly ghost than Aern ever was and I wish to continue to make his cause known.

No comments: