Pages

10.21.2011

It's Good to Forget Sometimes

We have all lived many, many, many lives before this one. We have all incarnated on Earth, this planet called Earth within this part of this galaxy. We came here because we'd done it all before in very distant past lives, so we did this to make it all seem new again.

To relate this, I will tell you a story....

Back in the early 1980s I used to go to the Centennial Library during my high school "spare" periods.

I'd go to the first floor and walk to the Government Documents section to check if there were any recent docs. from the CBC available - stuff about CBC-2, stuff about re-committing to public broadcasting in the 1980s. Documents from the Department of Communications on Telidon or the Anik satellites.

I'd also spend some time reading Broadcasting, Stereo Review, or Parent's magazine or the Toronto Star or Chicago Tribune on the 2nd Floor.

If I found something interesting I'd photocopy the article and take it home with me for my files.

Then in 1985 the vibe of mass culture changed a bit. IBM PC's were no longer as in the mass consciousness as previously. Apple had just introduced its Macintosh a year earlier. Some PC-clone companies were starting to go belly up, there was more of a focus on using already created computer software, rather than the software being updated every year... it was to apply the use of that software to create a work of art, or a useful spreadsheet, or a report or document for work or for personal use.

The Yuppies were raising Generation Y whom the eldest were 5 or 6 years old by that time. They had less time for technology and more for family.

So by 1985 for me I went from focusing on technology -- C-Band satellite tv (TVROs), the CRTC issuing new licenses for new satellite-cable channels in Canada, the rollout (and subsequent failure) of AM Stereo, the Federal Election in Canada of 1984, The National (with Knowlton Nash), CTV CanadaAM, The Winnipeg Sun, Top40 1980s music, MuchMusic & TSN...

But one visit to the Library, the vibe inside me changed. Looking at those same books on Broadcasting and the government reports just didn't have the passion it once did between 1981 and 1984. It was just so.....blah! I wanted something new to look at.

I think we've had similar experiences on other planets and maybe this one thousands upon thousands of years ago....and we got tired of experiencing the same old same old...

So we said one day to our spirit guides... "Hey I'd like to incarnate again, but I want to make it all new (Aulneau, LOL)... and not remember as much as doing it before.

So our subconscious is blocked from remembering it all. I'm not sure I want to remember ALL my past lives. I would probably get depressed once I realized I've probably used a computer of some sort, I've been the same set of animals before. I've been alone before, I've been with a partner before and most likely had a family....

But on Earth in this part of the galaxy, all can be new again, so that our soul won't get too bored.

No comments: