Pages

12.10.2016

WANTED: One Brother To Use



A few months before my sister's Wedding that would take place on June 29, 2002 she invited me to her Wedding to do the Wedding Video.

I am her brother, so I didn't charge her a fee for the work. I had bought the SONY Hi8 camcorder on October 22, 1999 from Advance Electronics on Portage Ave. for $900

...

It's now March 2009 and sister phones me up. My first (really second after Fluffy ca. 1972) cat Smiles had just passed away March 2, 2009.

She has a mouse problem and wants me to bring over one of my cats. I told her that one just passed and I just have one cat left.

She also requests that I bring along my SONY Hi8 camcorder. That's all I had at the time. Later in the year I purchased a SONY miniDV camcorder from Future Shop for $128.

Sister picks me up from apartment on Donald St. She has my 6 month old nephew in the back seat.

She drives us back to her home and she sits down on the sofa and proceeds to breastfeed nephew.

Sister does not say anything to me such as "Here Jim, you can hold (nephew). Just be careful of him because he's just 6 mos. old".

Gets up and vocally says niece and nephew's nursery rooms are there. She does not show me inside the nursery. I don't know where sister is. This is the first time I've ever been in her family's house.

One nursery is blue while the other is a sort of "Martha Stewart" green that is popular at the time.

So really, twice my sister borrows the camcorder and is really using "it". It's not that she is inviting me but really wants to use the my belongings.

She never invited me to niece or nephew's Baptism and Party ca. 2006 and 2008.

I heard that youngest sister attended the first 2 years of birthdays of niece and nephew. So did my Aunt who is Godmother to one or both of them.

I let it all go...because...you know what? Sibling with kids is going to have to answer in Heaven to how she treated me, in excluding me from very important milestones in niece and nephew's life. This may take decades to happen, but by her actions she wronged me... And then she has a "shit smile" when confronted with things like this.

For it was my father who "groomed" sister by "poisoning the well" to dislike me back in the mid-1970s.

No comments: