Pages

12.09.2016

When Daddy "Poisons The Well"

Back in the 1970s, in the first years of living at the family house in River Heights, when my Dad and I had physical fights...I was 9, 10, 10 years old, while he was 45, 46, 47 yrs. old.

On a few occasions my Dad would "poison the well" by whispering something negative or a lie about me to my sibling 2 1/2 yrs. younger than me.

I haven't been told what these words were that were. But this "poisoning of the well" by Dad I think really hurt relationships between Marie and I.

She told me a year or two ago that "I knew you were different when I was 6"...That is very very close in time ca. 1975-ish to when Dad was whispering to her.

So decades later, while she has lent an "olive branch" (my words) she failed to allow to me experiences with her kids, now 10 and 8, such as feeding them baby formula & food...of holding them in my lap...and not just seeing them from inches away.

No comments: