Pages

7.15.2014

BLOG FWD: There is no such thing as an Autistic Adult

http://pensiveaspie.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/there-is-no-such-thing-as-an-autistic-adult/

Of course this is ABSOLUTELY, 100% NOT TRUE, but this is something I am told every day by the media and organizations that claim to “support Autism.”
When I first suspected I had Asperger’s, I immediately began looking for more information about a diagnosis and support. A google search of Autism and Jacksonville, FL was hopeful. So many resources! CARD (Center for Autism and Related Disabilities). The HEAL (Healing Every Autistic Life) Foundation. Jacksonville School for Autism. The Learning Tree. There is even an annual Autism Symposium every year!! Surely I hit the Autism Support Jackpot, right?
Wrong.

I too have hit the 'brick wall' in MY search for proper supports as a now 48 yr old guy diagnosed just last year with this.

IDK, at this stage I really feel I just need to start over again. It's basically a LOST CAUSE at this stage.

But perhaps, if enough of us were to start OUR OWN Aspie / High Funct. Autism organisation... We surely have the Skills to set up websites, newsletters, staff organizations, architecture design... we all have the TOOLS to create an Org. that would be created by US to help US, and not hooked into BIG PHARMA, or standard Dr.'s willing to reduce us with pills.

Some REAL help is only as far away as a bunch of us taking the steps to begin something like this.

I've been told by my spirit guide, I'll be incarnating on this planet for another millennium, and then make it to the 5th Dimension (Star Trek space travel on a star ship)...So the best thing to do NOW is to gather enough SOMEWHERE on this planet and build the organizations to help US.


No comments: